Definition of lipogenesis in English:
noun[mass noun] Physiology
The metabolic formation of fat.
- In addition to its role in regulating glucose metabolism, insulin stimulates lipogenesis, diminishes lipolysis, and increases amino acid transport into cells.
- In other words, it's the chief gatekeeper for stimulating lipolysis and slowing lipogenesis.
- Numerous factors, including regulation of lipogenesis, genetics, age, nutrition, management, and environment, affect rate of marbling deposition.
- Example sentences
- Changing treatment to the more rapid acting insulin lispro has been reported as causing less lipohypertrophy, as the insulin is more rapidly absorbed and hence the adipocytes spend less time exposed to the lipogenic actions of insulin.
- Most diets will increase the number of lipogenic enzymes (fat storing) and decrease the lipolytic enzymes (fat burning).
- It causes your body to increase its lipogenic enzymes, which store fat.
Definition of lipogenesis in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan