- Relating to or resembling fat.More example sentences
- It was only after 1929 that scientists could assess the identity of sex hormones with chemical methods, thanks to developments in organic chemistry in the area of steroid and lipoid compounds.
- But a potential problem from inhaling fat-based substances, such as petroleum jelly or mineral oil, for prolonged periods is lipoid pneumonia.
- Carotenoids are taken up from blood circulation by rhamphothecal keratinocytes in the bill, accumulated in lipoid droplets, and distributed diffusely through the horny, keratinized beak tissue.
late 19th century: from Greek lipos 'fat' + -oid.
More definitions of lipoidDefinition of lipoid in:
- The US English dictionary