- A minute spherical sac of phospholipid molecules enclosing a water droplet, especially as formed artificially to carry drugs or other substances into the tissues.More example sentences
- Their approach is to use carrier molecules called liposomes, which are small, spherical fatty membranes.
- The virosome vaccine is composed of liposomes, water insoluble spheres encased in lipid layers.
- As far as toxicity is concerned, liposomes have already been injected intravenously in clinical practice to carry a variety of drugs.
More definitions of liposomeDefinition of liposome in:
- The US English dictionary