1A deciduous North American and Asian tree with maple-like leaves and bright autumn colours, yielding aromatic resinous balsam.
- Genus Liquidambar, family Hamamelidaceae: several species, including L. orientalis of Asia, which yields Levant storax, and the sweet gum of North America
More example sentences
- Saplings do look small when you buy them from the garden centre, but avenue trees such as liquidambars, Pinus radiata, Magnolia grandiflora and the like develop into enormous specimens with extensive root systems.
- But the judicious placement of plants - a strawberry tree in the planter and several liquidambars screening a corner - makes the space surprisingly private.
- In front of a small house in Clyde the leaves on a liquidambar are a bright orange.
Definition of liquidambar in:
- The US English dictionary