- 1(Of a building in the UK) officially designated as being of architectural or historical importance and having protection from demolition or major alterations: a 15th-century Grade I listed buildingMore example sentences
- Not all historic structures are given listed building protection.
- One wonders whether the Secretary of State would have shown a bit more interest were the listed building to be demolished a Georgian house or Victorian town hall rather than a twentieth century factory.
- It contains many important buildings considered to be of special merit including Ryde House, a listed building of special architectural and historic interest.
- 2Relating to or denoting companies whose shares are quoted on the main market of the London Stock Exchange: listed securitiesMore example sentences
- The Zambian stock exchange has 11 listed companies with a market capitalisation of US $231 million.
- The equity market's performance was high largely on account of share gains in four of the listed companies on the stock exchange.
- He said the stock markets also provide listed companies with a platform to raise long term capital and that it also offered investors alternative investment.
More definitions of listedDefinition of listed in:
- The US English dictionary