- 1A person who listens, especially someone who does so in an attentive manner: he’s understanding and a good listenerMore example sentences
- It didn't take long for these guys to fill the room with attentive listeners, or run out of merch.
- Make sure you have the listener's attention before you start speaking.
- They engage creatively with the limitations of the audio channel to command the listener's attention.
- 1.1A person listening to a radio station or programme: an audience of some ten million listenersMore example sentences
- Will he be able to keep radio listeners tuned in?
- To those who are avid radio listeners, the programmes have a quality of their own.
- Talk radio is enjoying a coast-to-coast resurgence with millions of loyal listeners tuning in to their favorite topics.
- More example sentences
- The majority of the radio's listeners are Asian and it has a listenership of 620,000, 40 per cent of the UK's Asian population.
- But next week he is going online - digital radio will increase the range - and he expects this to increase the listenership overseas.
- But the knock-on effect is that a large chunk of its traditional listenership, at the older end of the age spectrum, have been left with nowhere to go.
More definitions of listenerDefinition of listener in:
- The US English dictionary