- 1The chemical element of atomic number 3, a soft silver-white metal. It is the lightest of the alkali metals. (Symbol: Li)More example sentences
- The group lithium - sodium - potassium has a valency of one, as does the group chlorine - bromine - iodine.
- Elemental nitrogen, however, is only capable of oxidizing a few metals such as lithium and magnesium.
- Personally, I would like to see neither battery used in the long run and we move to the lithium battery, because lithium is the lightest metal.
- 1.1Lithium carbonate or another lithium salt, used as a mood-stabilizing drug.More example sentences
- These include amphetamines, antidepressant drugs, caffeine, corticosteroids and lithium.
- Moreover, despite the benefits of drugs such as lithium shown in a Cochrane review, pharmacological treatment for bipolar disorder is potentially toxic.
- The current treatment for bipolar disorder is mood stabilizers such as lithium and anticonvulsants.
More definitions of lithiumDefinition of lithium in:
- The US English dictionary