Definition of litigious in English:
1Tending or too ready to take legal action to settle disputes: our increasingly litigious society
More example sentences
- If you look at it year on year there is probably a move upwards - it is a more litigious society now and legal fees are more structured now.
- And all we're wanting to do is ensure that in a highly litigious city, in a highly litigious society, that we make sure as far as is possible, that lawyers bring cases that are reasonable and fair.
- But also a long-term cultural shift towards a more litigious society.
1.1Concerned with lawsuits or litigation.
- We may shake our heads and say sadly that this is a ‘litigious age,’ but our experience has been that only litigious processes guarantee the rights of all concerned.
- His litigious and tumultuous year away from football is also a concern.
- Inevitably, we must await judicial clarification of such words as purports to confer a benefit, but clearly there is room for litigious dispute.
- Example sentences
- He gloated, in 1989, that he was ‘still litigiously alive to stop biographies’.
- That way you guys could save floundering swimmers and litigiously solve underwater fish murders.
- When oil demand and price slid in 1998, oil companies cut expenditures for exploration and production-and canceled drilling contracts, consensually or litigiously.
- Example sentences
- The system is obviously working well since the litigiousness that plagues other countries is here only a patchy and sporadic affair.
- Architecture, litigiousness, hospital design, fox-hunting, foot and mouth, organic farming and genetically-modified foods - the list of his concerns is long and varied.
- Indeed, it is an area characterised by low investment and declining innovation, partly as a result of the climate of risk aversion and litigiousness, particularly in the USA.
Words that rhyme with litigiousirreligious, prestigious, prodigious, religious, sacrilegious
Definition of litigious in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan