(British also litter lout)
- A person who carelessly drops litter in a public place.More example sentences
- Of course, we can't just dump the blame for the fact we live in filth on tightwad councillors; some responsibility has to be shouldered by the litterbugs who think nothing of dropping their junk where they stand.
- Apart from the obvious pollution to rivers with solid litter discarded by unconscious litterbugs, urban rivers are also affected by the way home owners regulate drainage on their properties.
- ‘If there was proper investment in litter wardens to catch and punish the significant minority of litterbugs who throw their gum on the ground, perhaps there would be a saving in the long run,’ he said.
More definitions of litterbugDefinition of litterbug in:
- The US English dictionary