- A small, stubby short-billed auk (seabird) with black plumage and white underparts, breeding in the Arctic.
More example sentences
- Alle alle, family Alcidae
- ‘We children cried and cried for those little auks,’ the singer added, ‘because we were afraid we would not get any to eat.’
- I thought again of little auks and the children who cried for them.
- The death knell could also be sounded for other species dependent on the ice, such as the ringed seal, bearded seal and little auk.
More definitions of little aukDefinition of little auk in:
- The US English dictionary