- A small owl with speckled plumage, native to Eurasia and Africa and introduced to Britain.
More example sentences
- Athene noctua, family Strigidae
- He said native British birds that could lose out include the little owl, green woodpecker, and kestrel.
- There are short-eared owls (active in daytime) overwintering near Bempton Cliffs at the moment - and if you go to Blacktoft Sands you may be lucky enough to see barn owls gliding about at dusk, little owls or short-eared owls.
- There was also lots of other great wildlife to see in the area around Malham Cove including nesting little owls, green woodpeckers and redstarts.
More definitions of little owlDefinition of little owl in:
- The US English dictionary