- (Of an animal) bearing live young rather than laying eggs; viviparous or ovoviviparous.More example sentences
- The young of some live-bearing species have likewise been found to feast on their mother's flesh while still inside the mother - also regarded by scientists as highly unusual behavior.
- Males in the live-bearing species have intromittent organs.
- A previous experimental study examined developmental processes of dispersal in the live-bearing lizard Lacerta vivipara and found that siblings had similar dispersal propensities dependent on prenatal effects.
More definitions of live-bearingDefinition of live-bearing in:
- The US English dictionary