- A large, spreading, evergreen North American oak, which typically supports a large quantity of Spanish moss and other epiphytes.
More example sentences
- Quercus virginiana, family Fagaceae
- Winding roads are bordered by palmettos, crape myrtle and live oaks draped with Spanish moss.
- The cemetery, with its sculptures, Spanish moss, live oaks and dahlias, has an other worldly atmosphere.
- In the northeastern part of the area is a sand ridge supporting turkey oak, sand live oak, wax myrtle, Chapman oak, and longleaf pine.
More definitions of live oakDefinition of live oak in:
- The US English dictionary