- A small flowerless green plant with leaf-like stems or lobed leaves, occurring in moist habitats. They lack true roots and reproduce by means of spores released from capsules.
More example sentences
- Class Hepaticae, division Bryophyta
- A profusion of mosses, liverworts, lichens and ferns cover the woodland floor and festoon tree trunks and branches.
- Land plants are composed of four monophyletic groups: vascular plants, mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.
- It will be no surprise if they are found also in much older lineages of land plants, such as in mosses, ferns, and liverworts.
More definitions of liverwortDefinition of liverwort in:
- The US English dictionary