A reptile that typically has a long body and tail, four legs, movable eyelids, and a rough, scaly, or spiny skin.
- Suborder Lacertilia (or Sauria), order Squamata: many families
- In the end, they supplied the moviemakers with three monitor lizards and six bearded dragon lizards.
- The Newcastle-based trust's pair of bearded dragon lizards were on show throughout the weekend.
- The lizards get their Bearded Dragon name because of spikes under the chin that gives the appearance of a full beard.
flat out like a lizard drinking Australian informal
- Going or working as hard or as fast as possible: the leaders of the race were flat out like a lizard drinkingMore example sentences
- I thought I should post a belated apology for the lack of blogging; I've just been flat out like a lizard drinking.
- The dude has been flat out like a lizard drinking all year and deserves some silly time.
- Look, I'd love to help you, I really would, but I'm flat out like a lizard drinking.
Words that rhyme with lizardblizzard, gizzard, izard, vizard, wizard
Definition of lizard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.