noun (plural llanos)
- (In South America) a treeless grassy plain.More example sentences
- To find the snakes, he wades - barefoot - in the knee-deep water of the Venezuelan llanos, the lowland savannah that is flooded each year during rainy season.
- In general, Venezuela is usually divided into four major environmental regions: the coastal zone, the Andean mountain range, the llanos, and the Guiana Highlands.
- On a July morning in the llanos, or savannas, of Venezuela, the air is muggy and thick with mosquitoes.
Spanish, from Latin planum 'plain'.
More definitions of llanoDefinition of llano in:
- The US English dictionary