- Action to reduce the load on something, especially the interruption of an electricity supply to avoid excessive load on the generating plant.More example sentences
- Last year was a disaster as the industrial units suffered losses of billions of rupees due to an eight-hour daily load-shedding and low voltage problem.
- Those of us who are looking for an end to the days of power cuts and load-shedding may be anxious at the games the monsoon is playing.
- But Mumbai, like Bangalore, has been prioritised in power supply so there is never any load-shedding here, though the rest of the state including IT hubs like Navi Mumbai and Pune suffer from this problem.
More definitions of load-sheddingDefinition of load-shedding in:
- The US English dictionary