1A machine or person that loads something.
- Multifunctional tools, such as graders, require an electrical outlet and switches on the loader to control hydraulic diverter valves.
- The afternoon session in Oak Park will showcase some of the machinery and give working demonstrations of different types of harvesters, storage clamps and cleaner loaders.
- West Dawsonites with ploughs and light loaders do the rest, and traffic is usually constant long before the official bridge is ploughed and established.
1.1An attendant who loads guns at a shoot.
- While the days are long gone when a headkeeper's game book might show 3000 brace of grouse from a day's shooting and the loaders' hands would be singed from handling red-hot guns, game hunting has attracted growing opposition.
- Both airmen are weapons loaders with the 77th Bomb Squadron at Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
- A loader hands him the gun to bring down the quarry which is then retrieved from the undergrowth by trained hounds.
Words that rhyme with loaderClodagh, coda, coder, exploder, Oder, odour (US odor), pagoda, Rhoda, Sargodha, Schroder, soda, vocoder
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: load¦er
Definition of loader in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.