Definition of locknut in English:
1A nut screwed down on another to keep it tight.
- Such devices include means to inspect cables and anchorages, locknuts, or grub screws for cross arms, pivots, etc.
- The transformer will be equipped with a sleeve and a locknut for connecting it to the junction box securely.
- With titanium bolts, the locknuts are plated with rhodium or silver to prevent galling and seizing of the nut to the bolt.
1.1A nut designed so that, once tightened, it cannot be accidentally loosened.
- Once the drain is correctly in position, tighten the locknut with a wrench.
- The vertical and horizontal position of the rest can be accurately adjusted by loosening the locknuts and turning the adjustment bolts.
- Even when fully tightened, the bolts do not extend beyond the nylon locknuts (the bolt ends are level with the nylon; showing no threads at all).
Definition of locknut in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan