- The activity or business of felling trees and cutting and preparing the timber: measures to counter illegal logging of the country’s tropical rainforests [as modifier]: logging companiesMore example sentences
- However, methods used to harvest the timber, such as clear cutting and logging of old-growth trees, are questionable from an environmental standpoint.
- The forestry ministry's data shows that illegal logging and other human activities were detected in some 5.2 million hectares of protected forest and conservation areas.
- This person was among those who self-identified as ‘fighting for the forests’ and seeking to end logging of old growth trees.
More definitions of loggingDefinition of logging in:
- The US English dictionary