Definition of logic in English:
- That is the primary reason and logic behind media.
- And to take such a stance, outside of the accepted discourse of reason, means that he can't use deductive logic to defend it.
- Whoever wishes to hold on to the distinction would need to maintain, according to his own logic, that he has always been there - a thesis which can all too easily be disproved.
- Frege's primary concern was to construct a system of logic, formulated in an idealized language, which was adequate for mathematical reasoning.
- There is one context in which the language of possible worlds is undoubtedly useful and even illuminating, namely, in the study of formal axiomatic systems of modal logic.
- Given that we are quoting Godel, I assumed that we were sticking to standard binary logic systems.
- In formal mathematical logic, one makes frequent use of the existential and universal quantifiers.
- That fall, the process of smoothing out and filling in the technical details of Wiles's celebrated result turned up a troublesome gap in the proof's logic.
- Reason, logic, and common sense are practically a foreign language to this girl!
- With opinions and arguments completely lacking in evidence, logic or relevance, this stuff is irresistible.
- There is a lack of logic in certain passages which reveals a sense of scepticism towards determination.
- Following the logic of postmodern criticism, we could assume a level of ironic distance.
- The truly religious, following the logic of submission to political and moral ideals, and to the arbitrary will of God, are terrifying to us and almost incomprehensible.
- We no longer follow the logic of one size fits all, like earlier.
- The computer program code logic is executed by the processing circuitry and is configured to generate an output signal.
- Mac hardware today differs from PCs solely in the CPU, system logic and the motherboard they sit on.
- Knowing algorithms, which is really the underlying piece of any logic in a computer program, is an extremely important skill for programmers.
- In such a PDA, DRAM cells normally are refreshed periodically by the memory controller logic present inside the CPU.
- Another capability is that the software uses logic based on available memory to break up large models.
- If performance parity is achieved, then moving to new core logic and memory is a non-issue, and it's easy to justify adopting those other neat new features.
Logic came via Old French from late Latin, and from Greek logikē (tekhnē) ‘(art) of reason’; the base is Greek logos ‘word, reason’, found also in prologue (Middle English) ‘words said before’. Logo, a 1930s shortening of logogram, ‘a sign representing a word or phrase, shorthand’, or of the printing term logotype, ‘a single piece of type that prints a word, phrase, or symbol’ (both E19th) also goes back to logos.
- Example sentences
- For centuries, theologians, logicians and philosophers have puzzled over the meaning of the name Destiny's Child.
- Thus various detailed investigations by philosophers and logicians of such topics as explanation, confirmation, probability, and so on, may be reasonably taken to provide some of the ingredients for a general account of coherence.
- Philosophers and logicians distinguish three types of reasoning which are useful for solving different kinds of problems: deductive, inductive, and dialectical reasoning.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.