Definition of logorrhoea in English:
A tendency to extreme loquacity.
- To Tom Wolfe, a dandy with an incurable bout of logorrhoea, words are like chips in Las Vegas.
- Such suspicions will only be confirmed by Gibson's idiosyncratic logorrhea in interviews before a hostile press which can and will use everything he says against him.
- Who would have known that big dreams can be lost and small worlds can crumble, hinged on the correct spelling of cephalalgia, hypsometer or logorrhea?
early 20th century: from Greek logos 'word' + rhoia 'flow'.
- Example sentences
- The point is that the oil and water of logorrheic brinksmanship and the drive towards hidden universals can coexist.
- The putative purpose of these broadcasts was public edification, though they also often gave logorrheic legislators a platform for self-promotion.
- In an attempt to be noticed, she turned to the prince and tried to engage him in conversation while acting logorrheic - not a good combination, I can assure you.
Definition of logorrhoea in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan