Definition of logorrhoea in English:
A tendency to extreme loquacity.
- To Tom Wolfe, a dandy with an incurable bout of logorrhoea, words are like chips in Las Vegas.
- Such suspicions will only be confirmed by Gibson's idiosyncratic logorrhea in interviews before a hostile press which can and will use everything he says against him.
- Who would have known that big dreams can be lost and small worlds can crumble, hinged on the correct spelling of cephalalgia, hypsometer or logorrhea?
- logorrhoeic adjective
- Example sentences
- The point is that the oil and water of logorrheic brinksmanship and the drive towards hidden universals can coexist.
- The putative purpose of these broadcasts was public edification, though they also often gave logorrheic legislators a platform for self-promotion.
- In an attempt to be noticed, she turned to the prince and tried to engage him in conversation while acting logorrheic - not a good combination, I can assure you.
Early 20th century: from Greek logos 'word' + rhoia 'flow'.
Definition of logorrhoea in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.