noun[usually as modifier]
- A person looking for a lover or friend by advertising in a newspaper: a lonely hearts columnMore example sentences
- He has tried lonely hearts columns in local newspapers a few times.
- Linda Harris relates how, after the numbness of widowhood wore off, she found love again through the lonely hearts column of her local newspaper.
- Did you meet someone through our lonely hearts columns or has your business gone from strength to strength through advertising with us?
More definitions of lonely heartDefinition of lonely heart in:
- The US English dictionary