- 1Travelling or operating between distant places: a long-distance lorry driver long-distance phone callsMore example sentences
- Her husband was a long-distance lorry driver operating within the United Kingdom.
- The heady aroma of diesel and agarbatti brings to mind the dash and swagger of long-distance bus and truck drivers.
- The temptation to become a long-distance lorry driver is still there.
- 2 Athletics Denoting or relating to a race distance of 6 miles or 10,000 metres (6 miles 376 yds), or longer: a long-distance runnerMore example sentences
- Sunday will feature a long-distance race for catamarans and keelboats.
- At the outset I assumed I would end up with two sprinters, two milers and two long-distance runners.
- This year's toll of four deaths is grimly shocking and raises questions about the safety of such long-distance races.
adverbBack to top
- Between distant places: travelling long distanceMore example sentences
- Anyone wishing to travel long-distance in a hurry goes by plane.
More definitions of long distanceDefinition of long distance in:
- The US English dictionary