- An insectivorous bat with ears that are very long in proportion to the body.
More example sentences
- Plecotus and other genera, family Vespertilionidae: several species, in particular the common (or brown) long-eared bat (P. auritus) of Eurasia
- The pipistrelles and brown long-eared bats who've been very active this summer have settled in their winter roosts - our cellar, old barn eaves and rot-holes in trees.
- A colony of Gould's long-eared bats had taken up residence inside the bell.
More definitions of long-eared batDefinition of long-eared bat in:
- The US English dictionary