- A marine diving duck that breeds in Arctic Eurasia and North America, the male having very long tail feathers and mainly white plumage in winter.
More example sentences
- Clangula hyemalis, family Anatidae. North American name: oldsquaw
- Below we report the geographic distribution of long-tailed ducks, eiders, scoters, glaucous gulls, and Pacific loons with respect to month and ice cover.
- The long-tailed duck, formerly known as the Oldsquaw, is a striking study in light and dark plumage.
- Nearshore waters near the Colville River Delta were particularly important to long-tailed ducks, scoters, and loons.