- A longitudinal structural component of an aircraft’s fuselage.More example sentences
- The fuselage has also been completely rebuilt with new longerons and the airframe has been completely reskinned.
- Mike and Dave began work soon after the aircraft arrived and have completely reskinned the fuselage and installed new longerons.
- Each float was supported by front and rear N-struts attached to the bottom longerons of the fuselage and the front and rear stub-wing spars.
early 20th century: from French, literally 'girder'.
More definitions of longeronDefinition of longeron in:
- The US English dictionary