- 1Long life: the greater longevity of women compared with menMore example sentences
- Why do we furiously invent new technologies to give us the illusion of stability and longevity?
- She's seen many changes to society in her life, and thinks her longevity is due to her faith in God.
- In a marketing sense this extra longevity means the rules have changed.
- 1.1Long existence or service: her longevity in office now appeared as a handicap to the partyMore example sentences
- His longevity of service to the bank will serve him well in his new role.
- He did not have the longevity of career that many boxing writers view necessary.
- Girls Aloud, however, are demonstrating a longevity almost unheard of in their genre.
early 17th century: from late Latin longaevitas, from Latin longus 'long' + aevum 'age'.