Definition of longhair in English:
1 informal , often derogatory A person with long hair or characteristics associated with it, such as a hippy: the longhairs among us urged raids on government buildings
More example sentences
- The transcript doesn't say who it was, but the question itself makes you wonder how the blazes some Linux-loving hippy longhair got into the meeting in the first place.
- These three longhairs hinted at greatness on their first EP, but with this new joint they are clearly the ones to beat on the Canadian underground rock scene.
- Travis, Dallas, Sean and Mike look like the kind of disreputable longhairs that southern sheriffs were always trying to run out of town in movies from the Sixties.
2A cat of a long-haired breed.
- The village was run over with stray cats, tabbies, longhairs, shorthairs, tomcats, and all other imaginable breeds, even the Casper Cat (known for its lack of whiskers and hair).
- This process was accelerated, one suspects, by the introduction of colorpoint longhairs to Birman breeding programs.
- They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.
Definition of longhair in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan