1 informal, often derogatory A person with long hair or characteristics associated with it, such as a hippy: the longhairs among us urged raids on government buildings
More example sentences
- The transcript doesn't say who it was, but the question itself makes you wonder how the blazes some Linux-loving hippy longhair got into the meeting in the first place.
- These three longhairs hinted at greatness on their first EP, but with this new joint they are clearly the ones to beat on the Canadian underground rock scene.
- Travis, Dallas, Sean and Mike look like the kind of disreputable longhairs that southern sheriffs were always trying to run out of town in movies from the Sixties.
2A cat of a long-haired breed.
- The village was run over with stray cats, tabbies, longhairs, shorthairs, tomcats, and all other imaginable breeds, even the Casper Cat (known for its lack of whiskers and hair).
- This process was accelerated, one suspects, by the introduction of colorpoint longhairs to Birman breeding programs.
- They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.
Definition of longhair in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.