- A yearning desire: Miranda felt a wistful longing for the old days [mass noun]: a tale of love and longingMore example sentences
- The longings and legitimate desires for approval, acceptance and understanding are cut off.
- Give yourself the breathing room necessary to feel your deepest longings and desires.
- It signifies the love and longings of the women who make it.
adjective[attributive] Back to top
- Having or showing a yearning desire: her longing eyesMore example sentences
- Prayer meetings are moving where there is a longing desire and yearning for answers from heaven.
- She gazed back at the couple in her rear view mirror, a wistful, longing expression in her blue-green eyes.
- The second aspect is the trust of desire, or longing trust.
- More example sentences
- I would stare longingly at the carefully styled shelves, trying to pick my Dream Fridge based on its contents.
- In the end, Michell leaves the two longingly watching each other from opposite sides of a street.
- So we stayed put and looked longingly at the station disappearing into the distance behind us, as the bus drove on a quarter of a mile before letting us off.