- A large North American pine tree with long needles and cones, which is an important source of turpentine. Also called pitch pine.
More example sentences
- Pinus palustris, family Pinaceae
- Generally only a very hot fire, one fueled by drought and a heavy buildup of fallen leaves and pine needles, will kill a longleaf pine.
- Ray builds the ecosystem up from the longleaf pine and examines the notable species diversity of these forests and their unique qualities as a habitat.
- Since longleaf pine does not produce annual growth rings during its juvenile grass stage, true age cannot be determined.
More definitions of longleaf pineDefinition of longleaf pine in:
- The US English dictionary