- Existing on, frequenting, or moving along the seashore: longshore currentsMore example sentences
- Marine deposits are formed along seashores by sea water flowing in longshore currents.
- Thomas accused the PMA of engaging in a massive speedup and compromising safety, citing the deaths of five longshore workers in accidents this year.
- Although prior to the lockout Westshore had an estimated 1 million ton stockpile of coal available to load, unionized longshore workers refused to cross the railway pickets and those who were working walked out.
early 19th century: from along shore.
More definitions of longshoreDefinition of longshore in:
- The US English dictionary