- The movement of material along a coast by waves which approach at an angle to the shore but recede directly away from it.More example sentences
- Linear, prograding coasts are the consequence of a substantial supply of sediment derived by transport along the coast by longshore drift and coastal currents.
- Rising sea levels and longshore drift since the ice age have created a remarkable, 500 km-long beach.
- The homogenization is believed to be the result of depositional processes such as longshore drift and storm activity that rework and mix detritus that may have been originally more stratified.
More definitions of longshore driftDefinition of longshore drift in:
- The US English dictionary