- 1A tedious passage in a book, piece of music, etc.: its brilliant comedy passages do not cancel out the occasional longueursMore example sentences
- None of the symphonic music of Rimsky-Korsakov, Rachmaninov, Delius, Richard Strauss or Skryabin is without longueurs.
- Since then, the work has been performed in Chicago, where the composer made a few nips and tucks that were supposed to solve problems of pacing and the occasional longueur.
- That's how opera fans go about their business, collecting wayside works for the inevitable Wagnerian longueurs.
French, literally 'length'.
More definitions of longueurDefinition of longueur in:
- The US English dictionary