- 1The fibrous matter of the fluid-transport system of a marrow-like fruit, which is dried and used as a bath sponge.More example sentences
- Thank this angel with an array of products: bubble bath, body lotion, a loofah, and all-natural perfume or essential oil.
- We wash using the old-fashioned way - a smallish tub full of water, a ladle, a loofah, soap and shampoo.
- She was so adamant on showing me how to use this loofah that I couldn't get a word in edgewise to tell her I wasn't interested in loofahs at all.
late 19th century: from Egyptian Arabic lūfa, denoting the plant.
More definitions of loofahDefinition of loofah in:
- The US English dictionary