noun (plural loonies)Canadian • informal
- A Canadian one-dollar coin, introduced in 1987.More example sentences
- A loonie is a Canadian one dollar coin, on which is pictured a common loon.
- I supposed it was good that he'd paid because I only had a loonie and a dime in my pocket.
- The value of the loonie discouraged 17 per cent of Canadians from travelling outside the country while one per cent did not know or refused to answer.
More definitions of loonieDefinition of loonie in:
- The US English dictionary