(also loon pants)
nounBritish • dated
- Close-fitting casual trousers widely flared from the knees downwards: a pair of mustard hipster loonsMore example sentences
- And this is so much truer of trousers, otherwise you end up walking your home streets in a pair of embroidered sateen loon pants, or Peruvian half-mast, canvas sailors trousers.
- There was more to the Seventies, I thought, than just Blue Peter and flared loons - although of course the temptation to have a bit of fun with all that was irresistible as well.
- He wore a PVC jacket, black shirt and high-waisted loon pants.
1970s: from loon3.
More definitions of loonsDefinition of loons in:
- The US English dictionary