- (Of an aircraft) describe a vertical circle in the air: Julie will loop the loop next month on her first trip into the skiesMore example sentences
- Charlotte says she is used to heights - not just because she is 6ft 1 in tall, but also because she when she was an air cadet she loved looping the loop in aircraft flown by RAF pilots.
- While she was having ‘a fantastic time looping the loop, undertaking twinkle rolls and brake turns’, I wonder if she gave any thought to those living in villages and countryside to the south of the city under her aircraft.
- Coleen, who admitted she had not been looking forward to the trip, threw caution to the wind and ended up having a fantastic time looping the loop and soaring above the clouds during her visit to the RAF base.
More definitions of loop the loopDefinition of loop the loop in:
- The US English dictionary