Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of loose-jointed in English:
1Having or characterized by easy, free movement; limber.
- He has the loose-jointed movements of an athlete, and a brisk heedlessness as he crushes raw sugar into a splash of coffee.
- A rangy, loose-jointed seventeen-year-old, at an athletic five ten or thereabouts he measured a bit shorter than I. He spoke softly through a perennial smile, laughed easily, and had only good words for anyone.
1.1Having loose joints.
- Interestingly, while loose-jointed dancers often get into professional training programs, they are more likely to develop injuries over time.
- Affected individuals often are tall, slender and loose-jointed.
- One recent study found that subjects who were "loose jointed: used more energy in walking and jogging than those who were medium or "tight jointed."
1.2Loosely built, badly put together.
- He blends archival footage with a complex, loose-jointed narrative.
- Petronius, Apuleius, Rabelais, Swift, and Voltaire all use a loose-jointed narrative form.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.