Definition of lop-eared in English:
(Of an animal) having drooping ears.
- Two distinct types of pig existed at that time: a small foraging type, principally found in Scotland, and a larger, lop-eared English type which had developed into several breeds.
- A stranger shows up on the farm asking about an old, lop-eared dog.
- On the screen, a lop-eared bunny not much older than he, danced and gyrated around a brightly lit stage, with a large team of other male and female dancers of mixed species.
lop ears plural noun
- Example sentences
- Almost everyone would recognise the large black pig with lop-ears and the distinctive white belt running across its shoulders and down over the front legs.
- The pigs have white skin and lop-ears. The piglets grow faster than other breeds.
Definition of lop-eared in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan