- (Of an animal) having a lorica or other protective covering of plates or scales.More example sentences
- The idea that loriciferans are no more than ‘neotenous’ or progenetic priapulids is based on misunderstandings of the supposed resemblances between adult loriciferans and the loricate larvae of priapulids.
- Similarities also exist with certain aschelminths, in particular the loricate priapulid larvae.
- Stiff cuticles are simple to recognize, and loricate genera can often be recognized based upon lorica shape alone.
early 19th century: from Latin loricatus, from lorica 'breastplate', from lorum 'strap'.
More definitions of loricateDefinition of loricate in:
- The US English dictionary