Definition of lotto in English:
1 [mass noun] A children’s game similar to bingo, in which numbered or illustrated counters or cards are drawn by the players.
- It is a simple naming task with pictures from a children's lotto.
- The stimuli - pictures of familiar objects taken from children's lotto games - were arranged on cardboard grids.
- Now what can be so 'incredible' about a collection of children's lotto games?
- The chairman said John was a great supporter of the lotto draw every week and will be sadly missed.
- He thanked those who supported the lotto and the draw and all who helped run them.
- There was no winner of the lotto jackpot of Euro 2,600 which was held on Monday the 28th March.
late 18th century: from Italian.
Definition of lotto in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan