- A jacana with a pink comb on the forehead, found in Australasia and Indonesia.
More example sentences
- Irediparra gallinacea, family Jacanidae. Alternative name: comb-crested jacana
- Kakadu supports more than 280 species of birds, from comb-crested jacanas tiptoeing across colossal pink lotus lilies to the electric-blue little kingfisher we find peeking from the cavity of a dead pandanus tree.
- Opposite the pond and on the other side of the walkway, another waterfall sends water coursing down a rocky route the length of the aviary, splashing into a pool at the lower end of the aviary, where you may see comb-crested jacanas strolling across the floating lily pads.
- Other commonly seen and more widespread waterbirds are the jabiru, the comb-crested jacana, cormorants, darters, egrets, ibises and herons.