- Irish spelling of loch.More example sentences
- From mountains, glens lakes, loughs, caves, cliffs and beaches to cities, towns, villages and hamlets, it's all within reach of your schedule and budget’.
- Ferox are exclusively a fish of the central European glacial lakes, the Scottish lochs and the Irish loughs.
- The majority of tench fishing takes place in natural loughs or loughs produced by peat diggings.
Middle English: from Irish loch. The spelling lough survived in Ireland but the pronunciation was replaced by that of the Irish word.
More definitions of loughDefinition of lough in:
- The US English dictionary