- 1A comfortable chair for relaxing on, especially an outdoor chair that adjusts or extends, allowing a person to recline: Kate was lying on a lounger beside a poolMore example sentences
- There were also a lovely gilded desk, soft comfortable chairs and loungers that invited a person to grab a book and read for the whole day.
- Rather than providing a portrait of one particular day by a pool, the composition reduces the subject to its essentials: a stand of flowers in a garden, a woman reclining on a lounger, and the water of the pool.
- Women in various stages of undress reclined on loungers around the edge of the room and a beautifully ornate staircase dropped from its centre down to the spa facilities below.
- 1.1A person spending their time lazily or in a relaxed way: the loungers in the beer parlour catcalled at himMore example sentences
- I think, Watson, that the time has come for me to cease being an armchair lounger.
More definitions of loungerDefinition of lounger in:
- The US English dictionary