- A small magnifying glass used by jewellers and watchmakers.More example sentences
- The leaf and scroll patterns are well defined and executed with a strength and sureness that holds fast even under the magnification of a watchmaker's loupe.
- However, the differences between the crystals make it fairly easy to distinguish each species with a microscope or by careful observation with a loupe.
- Therefore, gemologists, appraisers, and jewelers routinely use simple tools - such as a jeweler's loupe or microscope - to reveal more about a stone.
late 19th century: from French.
More definitions of loupeDefinition of loupe in:
- The US English dictionary