A partially parasitic herbaceous plant of the figwort family, typically favouring damp habitats. It is native to both Eurasia and North America and was formerly reputed to harbour lice.
- Genus Pedicularis, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including the red rattle
More example sentences
- Among the common wildflowers are one-flowered cinquefoil, woolly lousewort, alpine willowherb, three saxifrages, and an Indian paintbrush.
- The lousewort grows mostly on north-facing riverbanks because the vegetation is less dense there.
- Leafy lousewort may be found in open coniferous woods or in openings in the forest at timberline.
More definitions of lousewortDefinition of lousewort in:
- The US English dictionary