- 1A romantic or sexual relationship between two people who are not married to each other: she had an unhappy love affair with a painterMore example sentences
- How could he possibly tell his parents that he was involved in a love affair with a married woman?
- Her relationship with William was depicted as a love affair, involving many partings and returns from war.
- After an unhappy love affair, Brennan moved to New York where her real story starts.
- 1.1An intense enthusiasm or liking for something: he had a lifelong love affair with the cinemaMore example sentences
enthusiasm, mania, devotion, passion, liking, appreciation
- Nationalism is about an intense love affair with the homeland.
- I eventually bought all their albums and began a life-long love affair with Canadian rock.
- It was here that his lifelong love affair with European culture began.