- A large two-handled cup, passed round at banquets for each guest to drink from in turn.More example sentences
- After the traditional toasts to Church and Queen and the ancient house, a drinking horn used for the purpose ever since the college was founded was passed round as a loving cup.
- The Betas formed a circle and passed the loving cup around (a ritual our fraternity generally uses when a member is leaving the circle to become engaged).
- He then toasted the Queen with a 17th-century gold loving cup - valued at the time at £10,000 - before calling for three cheers for Her Majesty.
More definitions of loving cupDefinition of loving cup in:
- The US English dictionary