- The form of lipoprotein in which cholesterol is transported in the blood.More example sentences
- Doctors currently measure blood concentrations of two forms of cholesterol, high-density and low-density lipoprotein (HDL and LDL), to assess risk of heart disease.
- Not surprisingly, the responders also showed a significant reduction in serum levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and phospholipid after four weeks.
- Conventional lipid-lowering treatments are underused in patients with diabetes because blood levels of cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol tend to be within normal ranges.
More definitions of low-density lipoproteinDefinition of low-density lipoprotein in:
- The US English dictionary